Get driving tips and other key map information.
Driving in British Columbia
- Drivers’ licences and international drivers’ licences, from the US or from other countries, are valid in British Columbia.
- Motorcycle and Bicycle Helmets are mandatory in British Columbia
- Seat Belts must be worn by drivers and passengers. Children under age of five must be protected by an infant restraint system.
- Unit of measure for driving is Kilometers and Kilometer Per Hour. Although speed limits vary, they are all posted in KMH with a maximum not exceeding 100 kmh.
- Three-Unit RV vehicle Combinations are prohibited on British Columbia highway.
|Driving Times (est)|
|From Vancouver||From Kelowna||From Fernie|
|From Prince Rupert|| From Victoria|
to Vancouver Island destinations